Learn about the different varieties of electric gate systems and how they can help to secure your business.
An ounce of prevention has always equaled a pound of cure, but it is worth even more when it comes to defending your business. The better you are at preventing intruders from entering the premises, the easier it is to protect your property, keep insurance rates low, and make your company look safe and responsible. Electric gate systems are among the most reliable ways to prevent break-ins before they happen.
How can my business benefit from electric gate systems?
The benefits of electric gate systems begin with the emotional effect they have on would-be intruders. When a thief or saboteur sees a quality electric gate, they view your business as secure, making them less likely to attack in the first place. If they do attack, the need to get over or through the gate will slow them down. This will make it easier for your security guards or alarm system to realize their presence and stop them from getting in. It also gives your surveillance system more time to catch them on camera.
What is the best electric gate system?
The best electric gate system will depend on your needs as a business owner. In general, quality gates should offer the following features:
- • Password protection to prevent anyone from getting in who does not know a specific, secure code
- • Durable materials and construction methods so the gate stays in good condition for the long haul and resists intruders’ attempts to break it open
- • Customized entry systems that allow you to swing or slide the gate open in a way that will accommodate the items you need to bring inside or outside
- • Camera systems, sensors, and other devices that will detect possible intruders and sound the alarms
- • Beautiful, sturdy designs that make your business appear both attractive and secure
These and other protective features allow you to deter, halt, and identify intruders. A quality gate is thus an investment in your business, delivering safety and curb appeal for the long haul.
How do electric sliding gates work?
There are four main types of electric gates:
- • V-Track Gates- As the name implies, these gate systems use a track, where the gate rolls into and out of place.
- • Rolling Gates- Among the simplest electric gate systems, rolling gates use wheels that slide on the ground, eliminating the need for any underlying equipment.
- • Telescopic Gates- These systems use two gates, one of which sits slightly in front of the other. When you open it, the gates will slide in opposite directions until both have disappeared behind their posts.
- • Cantilever Gates- These gates do not make any contact with the ground in the entrance area. Instead, they are supported from the fence, which holds them above the ground as they open and close.
United Fence & Construction offers a wide variety of different gate systems to our clients throughout Arkansas. For more information on the best ways to defend your business, call 501-222-1503 or contact us online today.