At United Fence & Construction, we design our gate operators to ensure the safety of the property, inventory, and people behind them. And we’re just as dedicated to upholding industry safety regulations and standards for installing and using our access control fencing.
We’re in compliance with IBC & IFC safety regulations.
We operate under 2009 International Building Code (IBC) and 2009 International Fire Code (IFC) regulations. These require automated vehicular gates to comply with the provisions of the Underwriters Laboratory UL 325 standard and ASTM F2200.
The UL 325 standard relates to the gate operator itself and its operation, whereas the ASTM F2200 standard relates to the physical construction of automated vehicular gates.
Keep in mind that specific sets of safety regulations apply to sliding gate operators and swinging gate operators. Here are a few of the general UL 325 guidelines for safety when installing a gate operator system:
- Automatic gate openers should only be installed on gates intended for vehicular traffic.
- All gates should have smooth surfaces and be free of protrusions that have the potential to cut or injure a person while the gate is moving.
- Warning placards must be placed on both sides of the gate where they are easily seen.
- Gate operator installations must include external sensing devices that protect against entrapment.
We recommend that all UL 325-listed safety devices include gate access installations. We also carry a range of gate operator safety accessories, such as gate edges, photo eyes, vibration sensor probes, Siren Operated Sensors, and more.
Questions? Contact us today!
If you’d like more information about our gate operator safety regulations, safety features, or safety accessories, please contact us at today (501) 213-3083. We look forward to working with you!
- Commercial Gate Systems in Little Rock
- Commercial Gate Systems in Benton
- Commercial Gate Systems in Bryant
- Commercial Gate Systems in Conway
- Commercial Gate Systems in Cabot
- Commercial Gate Systems in Hot Springs
- Commercial Gate Systems in Maumelle
- Commercial Gate Systems in Jacksonville
- Commercial Gate Systems in Sherwood
Commercial Gating Projects
Have a Question?
If you have a question about any of our services or products, drop us a line! We’ll be in contact with you as soon as possible.