Protect your employees and visitors to your business with the right types of security fencing and protective barriers. Learn what you need to know about the importance of building security in today’s environment and discover the top threats to watch out for at your business.
Every day you hear about cybersecurity and hackers of major corporations. But what about the physical safety of your property? When was the last time you checked out any potential threats and considered the best types of security fencing for your location? Find out the greatest threats to the security of your business and prepare your property with our security checklist.
Top Threats to Building Security
According to Securitas Security Services, in 2016 the top five threats to security for businesses of any industry were:
- Workplace violence
- Active shooter threats
- Organizational resilience
- Mobile security
If you have ever considered the security issue of intruders, then it is time to think about the importance of building security.
Workplace violence and intruders are the two physical threats that you can protect against using certain types of security fencing. However, you also need to implement security gates for business office protection to increase the barrier of entry to your workplace.
Steps for Securing for Your Business
Your first goal is to identify the access points of your business. This might be an open entry that allows for traffic to arrive in multiple directions. You could have a large property with complete access from all sides. Are you bordering another building that offers close proximity to your windows and entryways?
These are all places where intruders can gain entry. Furthermore, if you are experiencing workplace violence threats with employees attempting to gain entry, you need to have a physical barrier in place. Here are some steps to take immediately:
- Choose security gates for business office protection, and include security guards for added security as needed.
- Install shatterproof glass and breaking glass detectors in the windows on at least the first and second floors to protect against intruder threats.
- Install the right types of security fencing to protect the perimeter of your property. Chain link fencing, aluminum fencing, and steel fencing offer the highest degree of protection against individuals or moving equipment, such as ramming vehicles.
- Utilize CCTV to monitor all movements of individuals entering and exiting the building to dissuade from criminal trespassing and unwarranted activities.
- Install exterior security lighting that is either motion sensitive or on at all hours, so to deter individuals from taking security risks.
To best protect your business and property, contact the experts at United Fence and Construction Company. We will help you select the right types of security fencing for your particular security needs. Contact United Fence & Construction Co. at (877) 870-7981, and we will help you select the right types of security fending or gates for your particular security needs.